Thursday, May 10, 2007

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin' . . .

Over the last couple of weeks, Emily has reached a baby milestone. This new talent has earned her a new nickname . . . Roly Poly. She has been working on rolling over for a little while now, and in the last week she has really perfected it. She has been sleeping on her side for at least two weeks, which is really funny. What makes it even funnier is that as soon as you put her in her crib, she would immediately roll up on her side. In the crib, boop . . . on her side. It was fascinating, I would keep picking her up and putting her back down just to see her do it, until she gave me a look that said, "KNOCK IT OFF!"

I did think that she had simply decided that she wasn't going to roll all the way over. She would get up on her side with no problem at all, but she never seemed interested in finishing the job. I figured that she had realized that if she rolled all the way over, that she would be on her belly, and let's face it, she is not a big fan of tummy time.

Anyway, in the last week, she has finally done it!! Not only can she roll over from her back to her tummy, but you can't get her stop!! You lay her down on her back and shazam!, she is on her tummy. Then you turn her back over and bammo!, on her tummy. She can also go from her tummy to her back, but she is not as proficient at this. The best thing is that after about three rounds of doing complete 360 degree turns, she just passes out. Recently though she has decided that when she ends up on her belly, she is not happy about this turn of events (ha ha, get it TURN of events!!). The worst part is, she gets so upset about being on her belly, that she has completely forgotten that she can fix the problem herself. So, we still have some work to do, but she is making strides.

Emily is really looking forward to Sunday, as this is her very first Mother's day. You would think that Christa would be the excited one, but really, it is Emily. She really loves her Mommy and can't wait to spend a special day showing her how much. Details on that will be coming next week.

Look Aunt Sandy, the polka dots are back! Really big, yellow, polka dots.



On Monday, it was over 80 degrees, and really humid, but it was in the mid 50's in the early morning. I was getting Emily dressed before Grandpa Ray came to pick her up for the day. Emily was having a great time kicking and wiggling, until I got her pants on. Once her pants were on, she stopped all movement and just laid there, like a lump. Her eyes said, "Mommy, NO Pants!" She looked so sad, I gave in. She'd be inside during the morning and then it would be hot. We put this outfit on her instead. Look how much happier she is. She did give in to the socks, at least for the morning.


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, cow.

Cow, you taste so good, I need another bite.



Yep, I'm on my belly. It's not so bad . . . Wait a minute, YES IT IS!!!


Hmmm, I wonder if I could get this blanket into my mouth.


More tummy time? . . .


Yay, Emily!! Go, little girl, you can do it!


This is how we've been finding her in the morning this week. She always starts on her back, shortly rolls to her side, and sometime around 4-5am, she finishes the job.



I'm on my back . . . I'm kicking my legs . . .


I'm rolling, I'm rolling . . .


I'm done rolling . . . Could someone roll me back over, please? I'm pooped!


I'm so proud of myself. Look what I can do, Mommy.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Emily!!! You "go girl!" Soon Mommy and Daddy will need to put a few things up higher, because all of a sudden you're going to figure out how to roll towards interesting stuff - like newspapers, magazines, books, plants, shoes, handbags, all kinds of fun things to chew on!!! Aunt Kate is very proud of you - and loves your contageous smile!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Yay polka dots! I don't know about that collar, though... kind of, um, clown-like. But then, Emily is Steve's daughter, after all. She looks very pensive in some of these pictures, like she is trying to work out the mechanics of what comes next...