Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Soooo Big!

Hello again.

Many of you may be wondering just how big is Christa getting these days? The simple answer is HUGE! These photos are clear evidence of that, you can't really tease her though, especially when you consider just how big these two babies are right now.



At our ultrasound last week, Twinkie tipped the scales at 5 lbs 12 oz, and her brother Ding Dong weighed in at 5 lbs 3 oz. It should be noted that Ding Dong's weight is somewhat less accurate due to the problems he faces, so he could actually weigh a little more.

How do they get the weight you ask? It is quite simple really, they take measurements of the crown of the head (circumference), the abdomen (also circumference and the reason Ding Dong's may be off), the Femur (length), and Humerous (length). All of those measurements are put into some magical equation and viola! a weight is determined.


As of Friday, December 8, 2006, Christa will be 37 weeks. This is a very important milestone because it means that the babies are basically done doing what they need to do. The rest of the time they spend in there is really just bulking up. I have been trying to get Christa to swallow some dumbells so they can workout until next week, but she doesn't seem to think that it will work the way I think it will. She tends to be very uncooperative on some of these ideas.

I would really like to put Christa's size into perspective for you as our children do their best to get even bigger before the big day. For starters she is no longer able to drive her car, not because she doesn't have anywhere to go, but because to get behind the steering wheel she has to put the seat so far back that she can't reach the pedals!! She can reach the pedals if she moves the seat forward, but then she doesn't fit behind the wheel.
I know that most of you have never been to our house, but I feel the need to mention that she also no longer fits through the entry into the kitchen. We do have a very small kitchen, with narrow passages, but I fit through quite easily. (It should be noted that the kitchen in these pictures is not ours.)

One of the more interesting developments, apart from the babies of course, is the fact that she can no longer put on her own socks and shoes. This simple fact means I have complete control over whether or not she can leave the house, bwahahahahahahahahahaha!! I am doing my best not to abuse this new found power. I am sure that this is really good practice for when I need to put shoes on two children, I just hope that their feet aren't as big as someone we know. (Right Mandy, hee hee)

We do consider ourselves very lucky that although she needed to leave work back in October, Christa has not technically been on bed rest. Our doctor told us to use the guideline, "If you don't HAVE to do it, don't." Christa has applied a very broad definition to this piece of advice. She treats it more along the lines of, if you don't WANT to do it, don't; but if you REALLY want to do it, O.K. This of course never seems to apply to me, as the honey-do list gets longer everyday.

Christa's mother wanted me to be sure to let people know that we are not naming the kids, Twinkie and Ding Dong. I told her that everyone knows that we are not "Hollywood Types," or "Rock Stars," but I would set the record straight. For the record, I know that Twinkie and Ding Dong do not make good first names. That is why those will be their MIDDLE names. The children will have very proper first names, Snickers and MilkyWay. I mean really, I am not some kind of idiot. I will admit that for a while we did consider Almond Joy and Mounds.

Until next time...Steve


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI STeve and Christa...I am laughing uproariously...this is great! What a wonderful way to keep us connected. The nursery is a work of art. Amy loves the countdown, and she says, "Poor Christa." I asked her if it was because Christa can't put on her own shoes or if it was because she has to put up with Steve. She said it was because of Steve! And Christa, you look BEAUTIFUL!!!

Love,
Kristi

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys -

Wow Christa I think you and the kids have grown since I saw you are the shower. I thought for sure you would of had the babies already I mean it is the 12th of December!!!

Take care of those little ones and let me know when they are here are ready to play with Aunt Chewski!