Friday, September 7, 2007

8 Months Old


For those of you keeping track, Emily turned 8 Months old on August 14th. Today is September 7th, so it appears that I am a little behind, but I am catching up; so, let's talk about how wonderful this little girl is.


Emily has been very strong from the get go, she was holding her head up very early and could stand, if held, very early. Now it seems that she is growing so fast here are some of Emily's 8 month stats: she has two teeth, she can crawl (quite well in fact), she can sit up from a crawling or lying down position, she can pull herself up to a stand (though this frequently results in some rough landings), she can clap and play pat-a-cake, she can melt your heart with her eyes, she can take off your glasses and swing them around wildly, she can grab your nose and try to pull it off, she can get into all the things you don't want her to have, she can drive, she can shred a napkin or newspaper in seconds, she can cook a gourmet meal, she can laugh LOUDLY and heartily, she jabbers constantly, she sleeps through the night and most of the day, she can juggle 3 chainsaws or 37 tennis balls, she can put her toes in her mouth, she can put most anything that she can pick up in her mouth, she can dance an Irish jig, she can smile really big, she can compose music on the piano, she can eat some solid foods, she can recite the collected works of Shakespeare, and last but certainly not least, she can make you love her more each and everyday. Emily truly is a fascinating kid, and she amazes me at every turn. I am going to stop here and let the pictures and Christa's captions take us the rest of the way. We are one more blog closer to being caught up, see you again soon.


"A slinky, a slinky, what a wonderful toy!"




Our pretty pretty Princess.





Who could possibly resist that face?




" Hey, Mommy, are you watching me? Look what I can do!!"





"Grandma, what is this thing? I really like it; it sparkles."




Nap time . . . we're not really sure who put whom to sleep.





"Rubber Ducky, You're the one . . ."





"Auntie Mandy, that's the last straw! Put 'em up, put 'em up!"





"I'm just kidding. Geez, I crack myself up."



"Look, Mommy, I'm holding my water all by myself."



"This water was a whole lot easier to drink a few minutes ago."






Eating a peach in her new mesh food container.



Cheerios, boxing Auntie Mandy, water, & peaches make for one pooped little girl.





"Grandpa, you're so crazy!"




"Okay, napkins, stop messin' with me. Didn't you see what I did to your friend the last time? You better watch your step."


"I told you to watch your step! Let that be a lesson to you."

(Steve & I think Emily gets her vicious streak from her Grandma Kathy, hee-hee).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All very great accomplishments indeed, and most admirable, but can she steal a watch? Or carve a stamp? Or quote Jane Austen at the drop of a hat? She can never hope to do any of these things really well without constant practice.

Anonymous said...

As a victim of her glasses grabing I can attest that she is very good at it. She really goes for distance too.
Aunt Susie & Uncle Carl