Monday, February 5, 2007

Like Mother, Like Daughter


Gail Lumet Buckley once said, "Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future. We make discoveries about ourselves."




This is especially true when I look at Emily. This picture of her was taken while we were still in the hospital. It is amazing how much she looks like me. When I look at her, it's like I'm looking in a mirror to the past. The pictures below are side-by-side shots comparing Emily & me, and also me and my mother Kathy. I look just like my mother, too. She does have her Daddy's pretty blue eyes, in fact I think that hers may even be bluer than his. I think that she also got his dirty-blond hair color, although he seems convinced that her hair is going to be brown. She definately has my sneeze, let's hope that she didn't get all of my allergies.




Compare these photos to the one above, of Emily. Eerie, isn't it?

Even our profiles are identical.

Identical round bellies.

I look more and more like my mother as time goes by. . .

When I was little, I found this picture of my mother and was convinced that it was a picture of me. It wasn't until I saw the date printed at the bottom of the picture that I realized who it was.


Only time will tell, if Emily will continue to look like me, and her grandmother. It will definately be fun to watch. I really look forward to discovering more about her and her personality. She spends more and more time awake every day and it is fun to watch her discover new things. She really likes looking around, especially at ceiling fans and lights (which is a good thing considering how often she sees the flash bulb of a camera).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that you've posted this, how will I EVER get Emily to believe that I'm only 25 (like you & Mandy did)??

XOXOX