Wednesday, April 18, 2007

She's Getting Soooo Old

So last saturday was Emily's 4 Month birthday. In the grand scheme of things that isn't such a huge milestone, but it does seem that she was born just yesterday. I thought for sure that she would have a job by now, but she won't even go on any interviews. I am especially concerned that with Christa going back to work that she is just laying around doing nothing and not even making calls or reading the want ads. I hope she doesn't become a shiftless layabout.

On Monday, something very exciting happened. . . Emily's cousins, Sarah and Amy, braved horrible storms, 10 feet of snow, fire and brimstone, to come and visit. Emily was ecstatic, she showed this by immediately eating Sarah's braid. Emily had met Amy before and was looking forward to showing her just how big she has gotten (see previous post), and having never met Sarah, couldn't wait to see her. The three of them have been having a great time and all parties hope the week never ends. Incidentally, my sister Kristi is also here, and Emily was happy to see her too.

All the details of this week's visit will be posted over the weekend.

Emily was "eyeing" Grandma's food at the St. Joseph's table event at her church.


WHEN EMILY ATTACKS!!! Watch those fingers, they could become slimy!!


Emily is a very smiley, happy, little girl. She is so much fun.


She loves to play with her blanket, pull it over her head, and rearrange it the way she wants before going to sleep, or when sitting in her carseat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she sure is getting cute! Love those smiles.

Is Christa going back to teach before the school year ends?

Wisconsin Hiker

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know that I often show my excitement about seeing Sarah by chewing on her hair.

And I am happy to see the polka dots are back!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
Christa, you may not remember me. I was friends with Amanda growing up. I just heard through the e-grapevine about what happened. I want to say both congrats on the new addition and my deepest sympathy for your loss. After the loss of my father, I can tell you how much it is felt by all, but never can it be as difficult as the loss of a child. I know many unfortunately that have and I want to wish you prayers and comfort during this time.