Wednesday, October 10, 2007

300 Down, 65 More To Go!

Moving right along in our latest blogging blitz, we are now up to Wednesday, October 10. Today was yet another big milestone for Emily . . . she is now 300 Days old!!! Can you believe it? We can't!! Time really has flown by this year. It's already October, before we know it, she's going to be a year old and running around like a champ.

This day, like many others, was a very busy day. We started out a little behind the eight ball. Emily & I both slept a little later than we should have, which makes leaving for daycare (and school) on time more challenging. Seeing how the weather has become more like fall weather should be, Emily has begun wearing her cute pink fleece coat that Auntie Mandy & Grandma Kathy picked out for her. Also, as it is really chilly, and windy, in the mornings (and because let's face it, I just can't resist the cuteness), she has also been wearing her adorable puppy hat that I picked out for her. I think she looks like a little marshmallow baby when she's all decked out in her fuzzy, fleecy attire.

Emily spent her day at daycare and had a very enjoyable time. When I finished at school, I picked her up and we headed over to visit Grandma B (and Grandpa B) at church. For those of you who don't know, Grandma B is the Director of Religious Education at a catholic church. Wednesday is her busy day, as this is the day for CCD. Emily & I like to go and visit before the madness begins at 4:00 so that Grandma can get some hugs in to help her through her evening. Grandpa B comes to direct traffic at 3:45 and then teaches a class in the evening. He has caught on to our little ritual of visiting Grandma and comes a little early now to get in his own hugs. Emily has also decided that she likes helping Grandpa direct traffic. She gets a lot of compliments, and respect, from the parents dropping off their kids for CCD. She knows how to hold up her hand to stop traffic when necessary, and when to wave the cars through when it is safe for them to go. When CCD was well underway, which makes Grandma & Grandpa busy, it was time to move on.

Our next stop was Grandma Kathy's house. Since Daddy had to work, Emily & I had planned to spend our evening celebrating with Grandma Kathy & Auntie Mandy. We had a lot of fun!! The first thing that we did was change Emily's clothes, since she had been a very messy eater at day care, this was a much needed event. (I think she got more of her food on her than in her.) We needed to get her messy clothes into the wash before the stains could set completely. Luckily, I had brought her jammies with me, just in case. Once she was snuggly in her jammies, it was play time. I put Emily down on the floor and let her explore to decide what she wanted to do first. I'll let the pictures do the talking for the next little while . . .

"Hmmm, what's up here, Grandma?"


"Hey, Wow!! It's my witch hat and . . ."


" . . . a book!"


"Nothing to see here, Mommy. I'm not up to anything. I'm just sitting here next to Grandma's cabinet."


"Yummy, I love green witches with pink hair!"



"Auntie Mandy, I knocked over your tower!! I guess you'll have to build a new one."

"What should I play with next? Look, it's my red baseball bat! Where's Auntie Mandy's new tower?"


"Grandma, I'm having a lot of fun. Auntie Mandy keeps building towers for me to knock over, and sometimes I even let her finish one before I knock it down."


"I've got you pinned, Auntie Mandy. Yell, Uncle! Wait, that's silly, you're not an Uncle! Yell, Surrender!"


"Grandma, if you could hold my hands for me, I think I'll be able to walk over there."




"Twinkle, Twinkle, little star . . ."

"Wow, so this is a pumpkin? This is not what I thought a pumpkin was. Auntie Mandy is always calling me a Little Pumpkin Face. Is this what she thinks I look like?"

"Grandma, I think Auntie Mandy needs some new glasses. She thinks I look like this pumpkin!"


"Grandma, do you need any help? Why is the water running?"


"Can I help you put the dishes in the dishwasher, Grandma? I'm a big girl now. I'm 300 days old. Mommy & Daddy keep saying that I'm growing up so fast."



"Is this where this plastic cuppy-thing goes, Grandma?"

"Grandma, did you know that I'm 300 days old. I heard Mommy say that I'll be 1 in 65 more days. Daddy says that I can have chocolate cake when I turn 1."


"I think that I might be able to climb up here. Let's see if Auntie Mandy can find me if I sit next to these pumpkins."


"Grandma, can you make sure that I don't fall down. It looks like a long way back down there. I'm going to hold onto these pumpkins and wait for Auntie Mandy to come back. We're going to give her a quick vision screening."



After all of this excitement, we headed over to Once Upon A Child. This is a store that we heard about awhile a go, but hadn't had a chance to check it out yet. We heard that this store is a resale shop for baby clothes, toys and gear. Emily was very excited to do a little "bargain" shopping. She is a very good shopper. She found herself a pair of very cute designer Ralph Lauren red corduroy pants. Ohh, La, La!


When we finished our shopping, we went back to Grandma Kathy's for a little while. Then we went home so that we could both go to bed, hoping to get up on time the next morning. We both had a lot of fun celebrating Emily's 300th day, but it was time to get ready for her 301st.


Modeling her new Ralph Lauren pants, and redecorating Mommy & Daddy's room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, you are welcome to come over to my house and load the dishwasher any time you like.

Anonymous said...

In addition to doing dishes for Grandma Kathy, I'll bet that busy girl in her cute and snuggly jammies does a great job "dusting" the floor, too! She can be me housekeeper any time!!

xoxo from Aunt Kate