Thursday, November 22, 2007

When The Saints Go Marching In . . .

On October 30, otherwise known as All Saints Day, Emily & I had some errands to run after I picked her up from daycare. One of these errands brought us over near the church, and we saw that Grandma B's car was still outside. We knew that we wouldn't be able to stop by for our usual Wednesday visit, since CCD was canceled for the week due to Halloween. We decided to stop by for a Tuesday visit instead.

We were very surprised to see Grandma hustling around like she does on a CCD night, since we thought she had the night off this week. As it turned out, they were having an All Saints Day event instead of CCD. We just happened to turn up right before things got started.

We stayed for the event and we had a lot of fun. Emily loves watching big kids do what big kids do, and so she was very happy observing. All the saints marched into the gym and were introduced to all of the students. They did scavenger hunts, Saint Bingo, and miscellaneous other games. One of these games involved balloons. Emily had a ball playing with the balloons when the event was over (as evidenced by the photos below).

I chose this picture as the opening shot because it allowed me to call attention to one thing. If you are able to enlarge this picture, you should. Emily smiles just like me. We both push our tongues forward when we smile. I don't know why this happens. I don't realize that I'm doing it, until I see the pictures, but I do it . . . and apparently, so does Emily. Go figure!



Emily had so much fun with this green balloon. It had fallen out of the garbage bag that held all of the other balloons and she thought it was the funnest thing ever!!





She had lots of fun playing and playing and playing with her green balloon. She was always checking to see where I was to make sure that I wasn't going to take her balloon away. She was very happy with her single green balloon . . .




. . . Until she discovered the bag that the balloon came out of!




Then there was no stopping her!




Emily was in balloon heaven.





Until she discovered the table and was convinced that we were hiding something really fun up on the table and had to check it out.




Then she noticed the boxes of canned food donations that were sitting next to the table. She decided that she would help organize the canned foods.


"Grandpa, these boxes are a mess. It's a good thing that I came here today. I'll get them organized for you."


"Don't people know that Kit Kats don't go in the same box with Chex?"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a low table, or is Emily really tall? Inquiring minds want to know.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to say, I still can't figure out why babies need back pockets on their jeans.

Steve, Christa, Emily, Meghan, Charles & Elizabeth said...

A very tall Emily; very small wallets.

Unknown said...

She has back pockets so she can fit some Kit Kats in them.

Anonymous said...

Silly Aunt Susie. If you put Kit Kats in your back pockets, they melt!

Anonymous said...

They also get broken and crumbly, and then when you open the wrapper, the crumbly bits fall out and you have wasted perfectly good chocolate. Not that this has ever happened to me. I thought perhaps Emily was planning to begin a career as a criminal by going to Lexington, Kentucky and carrying ice cream cones around in her back pockets.