Sunday, January 14, 2007

Kissed By An Angel

The other day while we were at the doctor's office, the Nurse Practitioner mentioned that Emily had some "Angel Kisses" on the back of her head. She also called them "Stork Bites," but to be honest we think "Angel Kisses" sounds nicer so that is what we will call them. They are little red spots on the back of her head, right at the hair line. What is really funny about them is that when she is grumpy (and trust me, she gets GRUMPY) they get REALLY red. So red in fact, she has been diverting traffic from O'hare. The nurse said that these will most likely fade in time, but for now we think that her little "Angel Kisses" are from Joseph, and that is pretty cool!


Miss Emily had her very first "professional" photo shoot today (I am really loving the "quotes," just imagine me doing the "air quotes" every time you see them, cuz that is what I am doing). We went to the Picture People at the mall, and hoped for the best. Emily was in great spirits all morning, she was grumpy from about 12:30 to 1:30, and very peaceful and loving and snuggly the rest of the day. The unfortunate part about that fact is that we were at the Picture People from about 12:30 to 1:30. I should mention that in utero Emily always had a hand in front of her face during ultrasounds. We began to call this her "No Pictures Please" pose. Even now, when people start taking pictures, her right hand zips up into position right in front of her face. This is also how I know she will someday be famous, she is already avoiding the paparazzi. So anyway, this poor unfortunate "photographer" is doing her best to get a good shot of Emily, but every time she gets set up Emily either put a hand up, or started screaming bloody murder. So, we devised a plan, we gave her a pacifier, set up the shot, pulled out the pacifier, took the picture really fast, and stuck the pacifier back in. This is just something else I will use to tease her when she gets older. Every time we have a family photo, I am going to ask if she needs her pacifier, I can't wait for her wedding (Bwahahahahahahaha).


By the way our beautiful baby girl is one month old now, which means the thirty day warranty the hospital gave us has expired, oh well, I guess no returns now.


Our first professional family photo.

Ok, I've gotten rid of those 2 goofballs; the pictures are about to get cute.

The hand gesture says it all. . . "Have your people call my people."


I am ready for my close-up.



I am totally bored. When's my next nap?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys...Beautiful pictures...and I love the family portrait.

Love,
Kristi

Anonymous said...

I must say that her "your people talk to my people" pose looks more like a Hook 'em Horns thing to me. As a current longhorn, I think I know.