Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

As you probably guessed from the title, my birthday just happened. It was the Saturday at the end of the week that started with Father's Day, which created what I like to call the Week-O-Steve, or Steveapalooza. I think it was a pretty good week, mostly because I got to spend it with all of my adorable children. For those of you who are curious, things are going pretty well. Taking care of triplets is very much like taking care of just one baby, but with alot of repetition. Right now the challenge is to get all three of them to stay on the same schedule. They are currently pretty close, but they occasionally get messed up, and that usually occurs between midnight and 7:00 am. Like I said, we are working on it.


I am guessing that you are curious what I did to celebrate the final day of Steveapalooza, my (ahem) 25th birthday. Well, last year I decided that because I am not terribly fond of the whole getting older thing, that I wanted to do something meaningful on the anniversary of my birth. So, for the second year in a row, we prepared dinner at the Ronald McDonald House. We made a delicious chicken dinner that was completely devoured and much appreciated. The trips were a hit too. So there you go, Stevapalooza is over and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.


oh yeah, pictures. Here you go. . .

Emily spent most of her time playing in the large play room that is conveniently located off the kitchen. Papa Jerry happened to be in town for the weekend and was able to come be part of the crew for the first time. His job was to keep track of Emily.



Meghan and Lizzie sleep away in their stroller. This was their first time taking their double stroller for a spin.



Charlie slept away in his stroller too...he also has a double stroller...he gets to share with big sister Emily.



Emily made sure to say hello to a very special friend of hers. She also gave Ronald a hello hug & kiss.



Emily also sat on Ronald's lap while Daddy got the trips ready for their photo op.



Emily loves Ronald and will talk about Ronald as soon as she learns of where we are going.



For Daddy's birthday, the kids worked on a special art project. Emily painted one pink hand print on Daddy's pocket...



...and the babies left behind a few footprints.



We went outside to visit Joseph's brick.



Emily was showing everyone her brother's brick...she would point to it and say, "Joseph's brick."



Emily had a lot of fun running through the garden, along the brick path.



While we were cleaning up and getting packed to leave, Emily was watching Tom & Jerry on YouTube with 2 other little girls.

4 comments:

Aunt S said...

Older, shmolder. Quit whining, ya big baby.

I have been wondering what your stroller situation was. I didn't know if they make a stroller for triplets, but if so, I would think it would be pretty unwieldy. 2 doubles sounds much more manageable.

What kind of chicken did you make?

Anonymous said...

Happy Steveopolooza Steve!!
Love the shirt! Glad to hear things are going well.
Hugs to all!
Charlie and Joyce

Grandma Taffy said...

You know, Steve, since I am only (ahem) 25 myself, I'd say that you don't look a day over 18. And I don't think we can declare Stevapalooza over quite yet since you only got to prepare a birthday dinner, not taste it, because the food disappeared so quickly and completely. So we still need to have Round 2 of Steve's Birthday Dinner.

Steve, Christa, Emily, Meghan, Charles & Elizabeth said...

They do make triplet strollers, and they are very Looooooooonnnnnggggggg. Unwieldy doesn't begin to describe it. They also cost more than two doubles. We will probably get one once they get a little bigger, and Emily is too big for a stroller. We made chicken marinated in Orange marmalade and soy sauce, cooked on the grill.