Friday, June 12, 2009

What's in a Name?

As pointed out by our friend Nitrocat, and many others (and I'll be honest, even I figured it out when we found out we were pregnant), when I named this blog I was very short sighted. I could have just named it Pink 'n Blue because I think the name was, and still may be, available. At the time though, I never imagined that I would still be doing anything with it this long, or that anyone would ever take the time read my nonsensical ramblings. The original purpose of this blog was to keep family and friends updated with the pertinent information about the twins, and primarily Joseph. As time went on, it was also very cathartic for me, and served the purpose for far flung family (say that 5 times fast) to see Emily grow up. I will admit that I lost the muse for a while, and to be honest, also had very little interesting to say. So here we are with a blog that has an inappropriate name. I suppose there are some options: I could continue and pretend that there is no issue, I could start a new blog with a new name, I could keep the web address but put a new name on the blog header. I am not really sure what the best answer is, if any of you out there in readerland have any suggestions, or even opinions I would love to hear them (though I may not pay any attention, it is after all, my blog).

So with that out of the way, on to today's silliness. If you remember from our last post, we had two clean babies and one smelly dirty one. Well, you will all be happy to know that baby is now nice and clean, even behind her tiny little ears. When we left last night, we left a small camera with the nurse and she had someone take pictures of Lizzie's bath. Those pictures are here for you to enjoy, after you read the rest of my blathering, no skipping ahead!

We received a very good report from the doctor today. He is amazed at the progress the Trips are making, and thinks that they should be completely off the IV fluids very soon. All three are up to 30 ml every three hours and all three will have that increased tomorrow. Both girls are doing well with the bottle feedings, with Lizzie leading the way. Charlie is still lagging behind because he does like his beauty rest and can't be bothered with minor things like eating.

So there you go, I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as Lizzie seems to have enjoyed her bath (oh yeah, the opening picture is pre-bath Lizzie)...

Awake, naked, and confused...Lizzie is now prepped for her bath.


Lizzie found that getting her hair shampooed was not as traumatic as it was for Meghan...but also not as relaxing as it was for Charlie.


Ahhhhh, the warm water feels good on my head.


I don't much care for the whole being naked part of this equation....



Wrapped up in a towel, Lizzie waits for her bed to be remade, surveying her surroundings and contemplating her entire bathing experience.


All dressed up in her new outfit.


I'm sleepy...could someone please swaddle me?



All swaddled and ready for sleepy time.

5 comments:

Aunt S said...

Far flung family, far flung family, farf lung ambling, far far hippos, far flute flingers...

Nope, can't do it...

When you started talking about names I thought you were going to talk about how all three of the kids have at least one name that is the same as a Jane Austen character.

The Mom said...

Thanks for the updates Steve. I enjoy your writings - as I've said before, I think you should do it professionally. My little angels are tearing apart my house as I write, so I best get back to them. Hugs and kisses to all in your family. Can't wait to see all the little sweet hearts.

Wisconsin Hiker said...

Very glad to hear the trips are doing well! Thanks for posting updates & photos.

I also thought the title might refer to the significance of their names.

In terms of the blog name, how about: "What's New with Pink 'n Blue"

Anonymous said...

leave the blog as is. First, there is a sentimental attachment to it. Second, can you imagine me trying to tell my dad how to find a new blog name on his computer, dittoo for me

Anonymous said...

I also say leave it, it's part of your history and its always a big reminder to me that there is a big brother in your family too, even if he is not wih you. However I like the suggested title "what's new with Pink 'n Blue" But keep the blog address.