Saturday, December 29, 2007

Rooting For The Redskins

I appear to really be on a roll here, some of you must be thrilled to be finally getting your Emily fix, and we are still in December. Just wait until I get all caught up, you'll be in overload!! It has occurred to me that although these most recent posts have been done long after the fact, I am writing as though they happened yesterday. I admit that I am taking some artistic license due to the fact that these have been dated back at the time that they should have been written, and frankly, they need to stand the test of time and fit with all the blogs that came before them. With that said, let's get started shall we?

Emily, like her handsome & intelligent father, is a Washington Redskins fan; she is also a fan of climbing as high as she can and causing as much trouble as possible. During one of the Redskins' incredible Sunday Night games on NBC, during their improbable run into the playoffs, we were at home watching the game. Emily decided that she wanted to watch from on top of the couch, not on top of the seat cushions mind you, but from the back of the couch (on top of everything). With that goal in mind, she put incredible effort into achieving her goal. She never did really make it all the way, but she had fun trying. She did make a place for herself behind the back cushions and managed to wiggle free from her jammies in the process. The Redskins won and all was right with the world.

From here the pictures are worth at least 500 or so of the high quality words I put forth, see you again soon. . .



Here she is, behind the back cushions, smashing a blanket down to create her "nest." At this point, notice that she's already removed her pajama pants.

"Mommy, what do you mean that I have to put my pants back on? I like them off. I'm hot, and they are getting in my way."


Stopping for a moment to watch a crucial point in the game.


Running around behind the couch cushions is fun!



Now she is actually pushing the cushion forwards to take up even more space and make herself even more comfortable. Oh yeah, she has also wiggled free of her pajamas completely now and is just lounging around in her onesie. Goofy Girl!





We call this video, "No Pants!"

This video runs for 1 minute and 36 seconds.


Try to imagine a lot of jibbering, laughing, screaming, and squealing in the background of the action. Watch out at the end, or she will try to poke you in the nose. Don't say we didn't warn you, if she is successful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! My nose!

Perhaps building things with couch cushions is genetic... I can remember the things we did with the cushions, and the overturned coffee table (which, when turned upside down, became a boat).